October 11-13, 2013
Fort Ligonier Days, a popular three-day annual festival held throughout the town of Ligonier, commemorates the Battle of Fort Ligonier, a key engagement of the French and Indian War, fought on October 12, 1758.
Activities at Fort Ligonier
On the grounds of the Fort you will find a living history experience with British and French military encampments showing frontier life, military tactics, drills, cannon firing, Scottish Highlanders, frontier men and women, Native Americans and eighteenth century music. All activities at Fort Ligonier are weather permitting.
- Regular admission fees at Fort Ligonier apply throughout Fort Ligonier Days. Admission tickets are valid throughout the day (for the day the ticket was purchased), so avoid afternoon lines and buy your tickets early! Tickets are not transferable.
- Coupons or group rates are not valid during Fort Ligonier Days.
- Fort Ligonier’s restrooms are not open to the general public and are only available to paid visitors.
- Photography in the Fort Ligonier Museum is always prohibited. However, photography is permitted in the fort area and throughout the encampments.
- Parking is not available at Fort Ligonier during Fort Ligonier Days. Parking is not permitted in town or on Route 30 during the three-day event. Please follow signs to the official parking areas. ($5.00 parking fee per vehicle per day).
Friday: Museum and Fort open at 10:00 AM for self-guided tours. In the afternoon, troops begin to set up camp and prepare for the battles held on Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday: A favorite at the fort is the re-enactment of the Battle of Fort Ligonier. Hear the roar of the cannons and the thunder of the musketry during Artillery Demonstrations held at 1:30 PM and 3:30 PM followed by Battles at 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM. Museum doors will open at 9:00 AM.
Sunday: Artillery Demonstrations will again be held at 1:30 PM and 3:30 PM followed by Battles at 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM. Museum will open at 9:30 AM.
Living history participation is by invitation only and advance registration is required. For more information, please contact Fort Ligonier at email@example.com.
Individuals interested in setting up a craft booth for Fort Ligonier Days should contact the Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce at 724.238.4200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Fort Ligonier Days Information
A LARGE community parade winds its way down Main Street around Ligonier’s picturesque Diamond at 11:00 AM on Saturday. The parade will include historic units, floats, costumed characters, the shrine units and special guests, including local TV personalities, high school and college bands.
Free outdoor entertainment includes something for everyone — Big Band music, Oldies, South American folk music, bagpipes and drums, footstompin’ bluegrass, and Gospel.
Dozens of community food booths line the Diamond and other locations throughout town. Sit-down meals are available at several local churches.
Approximately 150 craft booths in 3 locations are linked by shuttle bus service. Talented artisans display and sell their wares including pewter figures, wicker and wood, dolls, dried flowers, paintings & prints, stained glass, jewelry, leather, baskets, pottery, blacksmithing and more!