October 13-15 2017
Fort Ligonier Days, a popular three-day annual festival held throughout the town of Ligonier, commemorates the Battle of Fort Ligonier, a key engagement of the French and Indian War, fought on October 12, 1758.
Activities at Fort Ligonier
FortLigonier offers visitors a living history experience with military encampments, examples of frontier life, military tactics, drills, cannon firing, Scottish Highlanders, frontier men and women, Native Americans and eighteenth century music – an MUCH MORE.
- Admission fees at Fort Ligonier apply throughout Fort Ligonier Days. Admission tickets are valid throughout the day (for the day the ticket was purchased). Tickets are not transferable.
- No discounts are applied during Ft. Ligonier Days
- Restrooms are only available to paid visitors.
- Photography is permitted only in the OUTSIDE fort area and encampments. No photographs are permitted in the museum.
- Please follow signs to the official parking areas. ($5.00 parking fee per vehicle per day).
Friday: Museum and Fort open at 10:00 AM for self-guided tours. In the afternoon, troops begin to set up camp and prepare for the battles held on Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday: A favorite at the fort is the re-enactment of the Battle of Fort Ligonier. Hear the roar of the cannons and the thunder of the musketry during Artillery Demonstrations held at 1:30 PM and 3:30 PM followed by Battles at 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM. Museum doors will open at 9:00 AM.
Sunday: Artillery Demonstrations will again be held at 1:30 PM and 3:30 PM followed by Battles at 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM. Museum will open at 9:30 AM.
Enjoy one of Western Pennsylvania’s largest and well known community parades on our all-American Main Street and town square starting at 11 AM
- Free outdoor entertainment
- Dozens of community food booths
- Approximately 150 craft booths in 3 locations are linked by shuttle bus service.