Ligonier & Laurel Highlands Events and Attractions
One visit to Ligonier & the Laurel Highlands and you’ll see why this is simply a wonderful place. Breathtaking natural scenery surrounds you wherever you go – from our stunning outdoors to renowned cultural and historic sites, festivals, special events and more, there is an amazing selection of experiences waiting just for you.
- Lincoln Highway Supper Market – every Wednesday (weather permitting) June – August. Get there EARLY – $2.00 per car, music and food, BYOB but no outside food is permitted. A celebration of SUMMER! Tons of fun and – don’t miss this! Family friendly event to enjoy the summer flavors from area restaurants; 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday Evening Summer Band Concerts Start May 28, 2017 through August every year. This is a true small town night in the BEST American tradition! Live music on the Bandstand every Sunday evening at 7:00 p.m.. If the weather is uncooperative, the concert is moved indoors into the Town Hall auditorium.
- Beautiful Blooms – free guided nature hike – April 14 (check out link for other ranger / forester guided hikes)
- All Summer Long Area National Parks Click here to see our Area National Parks
- Arabesque – Middle-Eastern dinner served in Antiochian Village Museum indoor courtyard. Starts April 20 – October 26 (Thursday nights only) 6-8pm Limited seating
- Sunday, May 14 through October Greensburg PA – Hanna’s Town Antiques & Collectibles Sale Monthly (2nd Sun)
- Ligonier Country Market – opens for the season May 20, 2017
- Fort Ligonier – “Friendly Fire” FREE admission Fridays: June 2, July 7, August 4, September 1…listen to a riveting narrative then see the firing of the Fort’s artillery and muskets
- Fort Ligonier – Trivia Night – Friday, May 26 – a fun and relaxing get together evening of fun at the fort – admission includes adult beverages and snacks…plus a fun trivia contest (plus – join in on the Fourth Friday of every month for a History Happy Hour in June, July and August. Admission fee includes light bites, spirits, live music and living history)
- Fort Ligonier – 18th Century Military History Weekend – Saturday and Sunday, May 27 & 28
- Antiques on the Diamond – June 3, 2017
- June 24 – 25 – Wesmoreland Air Show – Arnold Palmer Airport, Latrobe, PA
- June 23-25 – PA RibFest & Vendor Market at the Westmoreland County Fairgrounds
- June 29 thru July 2 – Westmoreland Arts and Heritage Festival – Twin Lakes County Park, Greensburg
- July 21 – 22 – Summer in Ligonier Arts & Crafts Show – in town / on and around the Diamond
- July 31 – August 1 – Archaeological Survey Project at Ft. Ligonier…interact with working archaeological project Monday – Thursday
- Friday August 11 – The Stroll – an old fashioned night out in town complete with music, vintage cars, a dance contest and much more!
- Saturday, August 12 – the Somerset Antique Show – 47th Annual and one of the best around!
- Saturday, August 26 – Antiques on the Diamond
- August 31 – 6 PM – Fort Ligonier – meet CNN Political Analyst and author John Avalon for conversation and a book signing of “Washington’s Farewell: the Founding Father’s Warning to Future Generations””
- Living History Weekend – September 2 & 3 – Fort Ligonier
Ligonier, PA things to do within one hour or less
Fallingwater Frank Lloyd Wright’s masterpiece is a top destination for many of our visitors. It’s a short (and beautiful) drive through some of the most scenic parts of the Laurel Mountains. Visitors come from around the world to visit this internationally renowned site. Don’t forget about the area’s second Wright house at Kentuck Knob. Reservations are a must – if you would like to visit Fallingwater be sure to click through to their web site.
Compass Inn is our nearby circa 1799 stagecoach stop. You could walk to it from the cottage (half-mile each way) but the Lincoln Highway is busy, so it’s best to drive. It’s furnished with period pieces and a glimpse into the early history of our Valley. It is located 3 miles east of Ligonier in Laughlintown on Route 30 (about a half a mile from the cottage).
Fort Ligonier – The historical anchor of our area and the site of a pivotal 1758 battle for the ultimate control of North America. George Washington served here, and was almost killed in a friendly fire incident, in his early career as an English officer. See his dueling pistols in their museum!
The Ligonier Country Market is a summer Saturday morning tradition – visit with folks, see what’s new from area farms, listen to music, crafts and more…and it’s back through the month of October for 2016. The market is different every week – it’s a “must do” for our guests.
Ligonier is along the historic Lincoln Highway – an event all it’s own!
Any time of year is a great time to take a road trip on the historic Lincoln Highway .Visit the Lincoln Highway Experience – a museum, archive and visitors orientation center (Rt 30 East at Kingston Dam between Ligonier and Latrobe). While you are staying at the cottage, take an easy All-American Sunday drive – any day of the week. Small towns & natural sites dot the route as well as historic points of interest, shopping, antiques, museums great eats and so much more…the Lincoln Highway is America’s first coast to coast route – more than 100 years old and going strong.
Fishing in and near Ligonier
Click here to learn more about fishing in the Laurel Highlands.
Ligonier Area Wineries and Breweries
Things to do in and around Ligonier, PA
- Ligonier Beach swimming pool
- Linn Run State Park
- Local farmer’s market
- Biking Rails to Trails
- Local Antique Shops
- White water rafting
- Golf courses
- Ligonier Equestrian Center
- Ski at Seven Springs Resort
- Mountain Playhouse
- Quecreek Mine Rescue
- Powdermill Nature Reserve
- Visit Fort Ligonier
- Laurel Caverns
- Idlewild Amusements & water park
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fallingwater
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Kentuck Knob
- Hiking & Biking
- Flight 93 Memorial
- Johnstown Flood Museum
- Compass Inn
- Jennerstown Speedway
- Ligonier Theater
- St Vincent Gristmill
- Additional Local Attractions
Fall Festivals within a short drive of Laurel Mountain Park
- Fort Ligonier Days
- Four Fall Festivals(individual links below)
- Farmers and Threshermens Jubilee
- Flax Scutching Festival
- Ligonier Highland Games
- Mountain Craft Days
Additional Ligonier, PA Resources
- Laurel Highlands Visitors Bureau
- Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Lincoln Highway Heritage Corridor